Mission & Values
To facilitate the development of policies that prevent problems associated with alcohol use and enhance the health, safety and well-being of individuals and communities across Ontario.
- To increase informed discussion about alcohol-related issues.
- To promote greater awareness of the health, safety and social effects of alcohol-related policies.
- To enable health professionals, community members and others to participate actively and effectively in the development of alcohol policy at all levels.
We believe that:
- individuals have a right to be involved in decisions that affect their health and the health of their communities.
- alcohol, although enjoyed by many, has widespread health, social and economic consequences.
- by creating a social, economic and physical environment conducive to healthy living, we can prevent or reduce alcohol-related harm.
- by complementing harm reduction strategies with policies affecting the physical, social and economic availability of alcohol, we can promote the health and safety of all Ontarians.